Saturday, July 24, 2010

turning the J into an A

So... this is what I've been working on today. Making the J from some of the javax.swing classes turn into an A... but that's not all ;)). I've been trying to extend JButton and JPanel. The results are: AButton and APanel.
These A things inherit form the J things and here's the spice: the AButton, instead of having some text displayed on, it will display an image/picture. The button takes the size of the picture that it's displaying +4 on both X and Y axis. The APanel instead of having a background made entirely out of one single boring color it displays a background picture.
One more thing that I added was an ACanvas. All these three classes work both with JFrames and JApplets.
Here's a screenshot of an example with a simple application:
The YouTube My Channel is actually a button. I'm too tired now but I'll add source code and maybe the application later. I'm going to bed. Good night!
P.S. ...and Ace Of Base launched a new single: All For You. Linn and Jenny are not in the band anymore but there still are two main female voices: Clara Hagman and Julia Williamson. Good news: the new song has that good, old and awesome ace of base feeling :D. Here's a link to a preview and here's a radio rip because it hasn't yet been released all over the world.

No comments: